The Roman well

The Roman well in the upper part of the town – its ground plan and cross-section.It is sited adjacent to the upper town’s west gate. It is supposed that construction began in 1723, but it was not completed until 1731. It is a very important constitutive element of the fortress and has been preserved in its entirety.

Share Button