What you need
– 2 pound lamb
– a few peppercorns
– 1 parsnip
– 1 celery head
– 2 tablespoons rice
– 1 carrot
– 2 egg yolks
– 1 large onion
– 2 tablespoons vinegar
– 1 cup sour cream
How to cook
– Cut up the lamb, put it in a saucepan and just cover with water and cook very slowly; someone remove the scum as it rises, and someone not
- Put in all the vegetables, previously prepared and cut small, together with salt, peppercorns and paprika to taste.
- Simmer slowly for about 2 hours; when all is thoroughly cooked stir in the rice and continue simmering for about 20 minutes.
- Beat up the egg yolks and pour them into a warmed tureen, stir in the boiling soup and then add 2 tablespoons vinegar and a cup of sour cream.
- Mix thoroughly to blend well and serve at once.
- Chicken, turkey or pork can also be used in place of pork, or a mixture of meats can be used.
Cooking a good tasting meal can be easy and fun in any of our apartments, because all they have a fully equipped kitchens.
Belgrade apartments – you can cook tasty and healthy food in our apartments. This is recipe for traditional Serbian bean soup.
– 500gr dried beans
– 500-700gr dry meet (ribs) or sausage
– 1 bay leave
– 2-3 onions, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
– 1tb paprika(red pepper)
– 2-3tb oil
Put beans in cold water and leave them over the night. Next day rinse them in water, put in saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the beans to a boil and then drain them. This prevents stomach bloating. Put the beans, onions,meat and bay leave in a large saucepan and cover them with fresh water. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil, then reduce heat to low and leave to simmer until beans become soft, 2-3 hours. You can add a little water when necessary. Add salt at the end, because sometimes the meet is over salted.
• Heat the oil in shallow skillet, then add flavor
• Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until evenly browned
• When you smell the flavor, add the chopped garlic, paprika and shortly stir.
Add this to the soup, stirring well. Simmer for 5 minutes, to match tastes.
Cooking a good tasting meal can be easy and fun in any of our apartments, because they all have a fully equipped kitchens.